Halloween is one of my favorite holidays, though I’m sad to say it’s changed so much over the years. Even so, I still have some favorite traditions. Watching Rocky Horror Picture Show, for one. I cut my teeth on that show as a theatre geek, besides the fact it’s trippy fun.
The first thing I do the week of Halloween is take the week off Evil Day Jobbe. I don’t take time off very often, but this is my week, and everyone knows it. I hardly have to schedule it off anymore; it’s just a given. (Actually, Evil Day Jobbe isn’t all the evil anymore; I like the realignments we did over the summer, and I like my new boss bunches. It’s so much easier to do my job now, and I’m not no longer a quivering ball of stress and coffee. Now it’s all coffee.”
So, as I finish up Sooper Sekrit Project #1, here are a list of OTHER things I’ll be doing this week in honor of the season:
- Today, October 27, is my eleventh wedding anniversary. Though we haven’t returned to New Orleans in years, the city will be in our thoughts. After all, we got engaged on Halloween night on Bourbon Street. So we’ll go out to dinner and imbibe copious amounts of seafood and rum drinks in honor of the occasion. If Jack Sparrow comes along wondering where all the rum went, send him our way–we’ll make a party of it.
- Reading: Veronica Roth‘s Allegiant, Book 3 of the Divergent series and one of my favorite YA Dystops. Also out this week is Nalini Singh‘s Archangel’s Legion, and the reason I pushed finishing Big Dang Projeckt to November for NANO is entirely the fault of Kresley Cole‘s Immortals After Dark series, which I’ve been blowing through like a carful of Valkyrie through town with mayhem on the agenda and C4 in the trunk. Also, there’s Diana Rowland‘s White Trash Zombie Apocalypse, because the Authoress Her Own Self assured me via Twitter that she’s currently working on Book 4. Zombies for Halloween! YAY!!
- DVDs: My copy of Joss Whedon’s Much Ado About Nothing came this month, so I’ve been highly anticipating the first viewing on the Big Screen TV. I’ve also got Wicked and Book of Mormon, both live performances I picked up at Tampa Bay Comic Con, on the barbie. And, of course, Rocky Horror Picture Show, Little Shop of Horrors, and Nightmare Before Christmas.
- Travel: Next weekend I’ll be On Haitus as we’re spending a couple of days at Universal Studios: Orlando to try out the new Transformers Ride, visit the Wizarding World of Harry Potter (and hit Honeydukes like a House Elf on speed), and catch a performance of Blue Man Group. This will be the first time we’re leaving the Ninja Katz on their own for more than a day, so hopefully they can handle it. Hopefully I can handle it.
- Cover Art for Sooper Sekrit Projeckt #1: I’m inching closer to a final copy. Must figure out how to convert .eps files into something I can actually work with, but there are viable alternatives if I don’t.
- Keepers #3: On the docket is to go through the Stunt Monkey’s notes, make the necessary revisions, and get the manuscript off to Editor Awesome.
What have you guys got going on for Halloween?