1. Finish a rough of MINSTREL’S DAUGHTER: Quest Completed! As of March, I have begun ACT I revisions, and am beginning to workshop the first nine chapters.
2. Revise and submit Keepers #3: Quest Completed! Keepers 3 is currently in the hot little hands of Editor Awesome.
3. Prep and complete a rough draft of KEEPERS #4: Quest Completed! Keepers 4 is now percolating away in my revision file, pending a response from Editor Awesome on Keeers #3.
4. Prep shiny, new fantasy novel, SEARCHER: 75% Complete. There are still some character names/world building I need to hash out, but I’m still on track to begin drafting ACT I in April. Story beats are complete by chapter, I just need to them out into an outline for ACT I in anticipating of drafting.
5. Write one Flash Fiction per month: Quest Not Complete. Every week I vow to write a flash fiction story, and end up just not getting to it. Next quarter I need to figure out a way to shoe horn in that extra 1,000 words/month.
6. Complete/Publish ORIGINS #2: Quest 50% Complete. I’m very nearly done drafting, and have completed the Cover Art. This weekend I will revise and publish/distribute for Saturday. I’m cutting it very close, but I’ve done it before so sometime on Saturday Origins #2 will be officially out in the wild.
I’m hoping to close out the quarter a day early (Sunday) so I can have a day off on Monday prior to jumping in with both feet (again) on 2Q2014.
How did you guys do on your goals for the first part of 2013? Anything left that needs to be tied up?