Finish a rough draft of THE MINSTREL’S DAUGHTER (fantasy novel); Begin ACT I Revisions and workshopping THE MINSTREL’S DAUGHTER; Complete and released Keepers of the Flame: Origins #2 (Apocalyptic Fantasy story); Prep SEARCHER, new fantasy novel, for drafting
- BRIGHID’S MARK release campaign
I drafted 46,758 words last quarter, an average of 15.5k per month.
I’ve still got the last item on my list to contend with, which I’m currently working on. ARCs need to go out as well–if you’d like one, email me at cstcross [at] gmail [dot] com.
My 2Q2014 looks something like this:
- Draft SEARCHER–ACT I (30,000 words)
- Revise Waking Muse #1 (Contemporary Romance Novella)
- R&D on Waking Muse #2
- Draw up marketing plan for BRIGHID’S MARK (Keepers of the Flame #2)
- Post installments of Origins #2 at least 3x/week at Wattpad to gear up for BRIGHID’S MARK release.
- Draft Waking Muse #2 (20-25,000 words)
- Revise Keepers of the Flame #4 and release to BETA readers.
- R&D on UNTITLED GAME PLEX BOOK #1 (fantasy-ish future geeky novel) to test premise viability
- Submit Waking Muse #1 for a thorough Pink Hammering at The Forge.
- Reveal Waking Muse #1 Cover Art
- Flash Fiction Release (tentative)
- Draft GAME PLEX #1–ACT I (30,000 words) (pending viability test)
- Revise MINSTREL’S DAUGHTER–ACT II
- Prep SEARCHER–ACT II for drafting in July
- Release Waking Muse #1
- Submit Keepers of the Flame #4 to Editor Awesome (this may end up happening in July)
I need to continue to maintain a drafting average of 1,000 words/day to keep up my momentum, and I’m looking forward to releasing two books this quarter. I might add some flash fiction in May so I have something to release then, too.
Also, I should hear back from Editor Awesome on Keepers #3 at some point.
So, all in all, it’s gonna be a busy few months on this end. How many plates are you guys spinning?