Crazy Sauce, people. Crazy. Sauce. With an extra side of the cray-cray, lemme tell you.
It’s hard to believe that today is the last day of August, and therefore the last day of my drafting break. Luckily, this weekend is a three day weekend for me, which means that tomorrow (Monday) I GET THE HOUSE TO MYSELF. *gasp*
Yes, it will be a day of grown-up Underoos, monster feet slippers, and Lucky Charms.
Well, maybe not. (But I would totally buy grown-up Underoos.)
Clearly I do not get the house to myself often enough, if this is how I would squander the opportunity.
Actually, it’s a good thing this is a three-day weekend, because I have a LOT of revisions to get through before I hit the ground running for September. I have some fairly instense rewrites to get through on HEARTH & HOME (Waking Muse #2) because, once again, I’m falling short on the Feels. Not a good thing with romance. And the Hammer totally called me out on glossing over the romance, which is why j’adore her. Her instincts are always dead on.
Also, some of her comments make me LMAO. More than once the Tech Monkey has found me curled in the fetal position, crying with laughter. And it’s my own fault, because I triggered it.
Me: *helpless laughter*
TM: …I thought you were working?
Me: *still laughing* Soup babble! Inportune explosions! HA!!
TM: Ohhhh-kay. *backs away slowly*
Morale: Everyone needs an editor. Everyone. Even Stephen King (if you read 11/22/63, you know what I’m talking about).
Not sure you need an editor? Read the above, and then hire The Hammer at The Forge. You won’t be sorry.
And now, we return you to our regularly scheduled programming.
September 1 is going to be the Day of Days for me. Here’s what I’ve got to accomplish this weekend to make sure the Things That Must Happen actually, yanno, HAPPENS.
- THE LADY TENNANT (Waking Muse #1): Update front and back matter and upload to Amazon in anticipation for the Kindle Countdown I have scheduled for Sept 1-8.
- HEARTH & HOME (Waking Muse #2): Finish rewrites and upload to Amazon for the Pre-Order I have scheduled for Sept 1.
- FALLEN ANGEL Waking Muse #3): Attempt to schedule Pre-Order for December 2014.
As soon as I have the first chapter drafted for FALLEN ANGEL, I can then add it to the back matter of HEARTH & HOME in time for its release on Sept. 26.
Also on Sept 1, I’ve scheduled my Double-Trouble Cover Reveal for HEARTH & HOME and BRIGHID’S FLAME. YAY!!
So that’s just this weekend alone. Stompy Monster Feet Slippers indeed. Here’s what my September looks like, Production-wise:
- FALLEN ANGEL (Waking Muse #3): DRAFTING. I’ve been looking forward to writing this one for a long time, but after the feedback I got from The Hammer for the first two books, I’m going to have to give some serious development thought to the romantic conflict and arc. And then go for the throat.
- BRIGHID’S FLAME (Keepers of the Flame #3): POST-PRODUCTION. As mentioned above, Cover Art will be revealed tomorrow (and it. Is. GORGEOUS!) Editor Awesome tells me she’s going to start edits this week, so that means I’ll have at least one editorial pass this month.
- BRIGHID’S LOST (Keepers of the Flame #4): IN REVISION. I can’t believe I’m on the fourth book to this series (I’m planning on nine or ten, depending on how things develop.) I’m planning on submitting the manuscript to Editor Awesome in November for consideration at Samhain.
Lots to do, lots to do. And this with a book launch on the, er, books.
It’s a three day weekend. I’ve got a full cuppa tea, half a manuscript of revisions, it’s dark, and I’m wearing sunglasses.