So here we are, in the final quarter of 2014 and the final round of A Round of Words in Eighty Days. October, as it happens, is also the beginning of the holiday season in the Monkey household. Our anniversary is on the 27th, which is quickly followed by Halloween, and then it’s all downhill from there until New Year’s.
First, what do I have to accomplish in the next three months? I bring you The Statement of The Goals!
1. Finish FALLEN ANGEL (Waking Muse #3). Release date is set for December 24 on this one, and there’s still quite a lot of work to be done.
2. Finish a rough draft of SEARCHER (Fantasy Novel). 2/3 Complete on this one. 30K to go.
3. Finish revisions on THE MINSTREL’S DAUGHTER (Fantasy Novel). Also 2/3 Complete on this one, 30K to go. I go out on submission January 2015. W00T!!
1. Begin Sooper Sekrit Projeckt. This is the unexpected Plot Bunny that smacked me between the eyes just recently. Official Plotting has already begun, mainly because I just can’t help myself.
2. Begin Keepers: Origins #3. I’m looking to get Tara’s origin story out about a month prior to the release of BRIGHID’S FLAME via Samhain Publishing on 3/17/2015.
3. Submit Keepers #4 To Editor Awesome. I’m looking at a November date on this one.
What This Means For October:
1. Finish drafting FALLEN ANGEL. So…close… *gasp* I plan on getting this to The Hammer for editing in November.
2. Finish revisions and post-production on Keepers #4. Once I feel like I’ve got this polished to within an inch of its life, it’s off to BETA readers for their imput. While that’s going on, I’ll work on my cover copy and 2-3 page synopsis per my publisher’s submission guidelines.
I’m still a bit behind on my Production Schedule, but that’s okay–I left myself plenty of room to work at the end of the year in case of overflow, and I’ve got some time off from the day job coming up.
Your turn! How do you plan on finishing up 2014?